Skip to main content

DevBlog #21 - Game

     Wow, 2 in one day. That's incredible. The meeting was eventful but I can't help feel disappointed after leaving. I feel like I am taking this game supper seriously, but they are just there for the ride. It is disappointing, but expected. Although, this does mean more equity for me, so that's a plus.

    I fixed the bug that was happening with the buildings, and built in the settlement requirements into the cards and the buildings. I have no way of testing them right now as the detection system for my settlement tile control mechanism is still not working. I may have to find a different approach. Idk.

    I have worked more on the UI and the UX for the player too.

    Every time I feel like I make progress om this app, I realize that I am missing something crucial. For example, I was down stairs gnawing on chicken and I realized I had completely forgotten about the combat system. So I added it to the list. Sometimes project scale is overwhelming, but every time I realize that I am missing something, my brain then goes to work figuring out how I am going to make it work. Every struggle and problem is a puzzle to solve, and my brain loves it.

    Sorry for the ramble, that's all for this brief update.

    Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DevBlog #4 - Fintech Platform

Progress Update (Life): 1) Just a quick update, nailed my forensics test (Monday) with a 93%. 2) Nailed my Calc exam (Applications of Derivatives: 92%, Function Analysis: 82%) 3) I have my AP Macroeconomics tomorrow with AP Psych right after that. 4) Next week I have finals for AP Mirco, AP Calc, AP Psych, AP Computer Science A, Forensics, and Langauge Arts. 5) What this means is that progress updates are going to be taking place at irregular intervals until everything settles, so sorry in advance. Progress Updates (Fintech Platform): 1) I have the connection to MongoDB established and have data being added to the DB from the signup forms. Data is taken from the forms, encrypted, and then sent to the database for storage. At the moment only the password is encrypted but I might change that. This means that I can begin moving to the next thing. At least once I fix a small little bug. Currently, it goes to a test DB and not the DB for this current project. I am going to have to figure ou...

DevBlog #23 - Game

      Today, a lot of cool things happened that have a drastic effect on the game and its systems. You can now add several effects to a single card. Each effect has their own duration, amount, type, requirements, etc. All one incredible system. This required me to rewrite a bunch of the cardEffectController script but was worth it. I now also have cities seeing and recognizing their effects and the buildings effects on them too. In addition to this, I also added the population growth system and the population feeding system. This allows the cities to grow and prosper.     I have added some more cards, and have been adding in all of the effects that the cards have on the world.      Pretty neat stuff.      I am going away to camp for 3 weeks so I don't know if I will be able to post or even work on it, but I will do my best to keep you updated on the game and on any changes as they come.     Thank you so much, bye...

DevBlog #19 - Game

      Today, I made a huge amount of visual progress. However this visual progress was easy to implement, so very little back end progress, as I had built it in a way to easily implement this new feature.     I have made building possible. I have also made all of the buildings and their effects happen in the game. It is response, and works very well in the MVP demo. However, I am going to change how it looks from a system where you drop the card and then your done, to a system pops up and allows you to build it. This system will show you a green, transparent, ghost game object for you to place, then once it has been placed it will turn int the real thing. You will also be able to drag and drop from the UI bar at the bottom the buildings that you an construct from the card you have chosen. This will look really intuitive and pretty, but will be simple and easy to implement.     This is a pretty big day as now I can actually do things on the...